File A Complaint

Filing a Complaint with The Barnstable County Human Rights Advisory Commission

Note: There are multiple avenues of redress for those who feel they have been on the receiving end of a human rights abuse. See below for the additional offices that may be able to address potential human rights violations.

The Barnstable County Human Rights Advisory Commission (BCHRAC) is an advisory body established by Barnstable County to promote human rights for residents of, employees in, and visitors to Barnstable County (the fifteen Towns from Bourne and Sandwich to Provincetown). A complaint can be filed by a resident or a visitor to the area seeking assistance with an alleged human rights or civil rights violations that occurs within Barnstable County.

Important: You must read the following documents prior to completing and submitting the complaint with BCHRAC:

  1. Intake and Referral Form General Guidelines
  2. Procedures for filing the Complaint Intake and Referral Form
  3. Definitions of Civil Rights Violations | FAQs

Click Here To Advance To The Filing Process

If you have any questions about this process, you can e-mail Allison Carter, the Barnstable County Human Rights Advisory Commission Administrative Assistant, at or (508) 375-6912.